We report a case of a 42-year-old man who fell in a vat of hydrochloric acid, resulting in ingestion and aspiration of acid. Initially, he suffered from a chemical pneumonitis and GI burns. He was released from the hospital without complications, only to return with signs and symptoms consistent with asthma. Evaluation revealed multiple areas of large airway stenosis, resulting from the chemical burns. The stenoses were treated with multiple stents.
- Hydrochloric acid
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Pulmonary and Respiratory Medicine
- Critical Care and Intensive Care Medicine
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine