Third-line chemotherapy for resistant Hodgkin's disease with lomustine, etoposide, and methotrexate

A. Tseng, C. Jacobs, C. N. Coleman, S. J. Horning, B. J. Lewis, S. A. Rosenberg

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

33 Scopus citations


Thirty-two patients with recurrent Hodgkin's disease have been treated with an oral regimen employing lomustine (CCNU, 100 mg/m2 orally on Day 1); etoposide (VP-16, 100 mg/m2 orally on Days 1-3 and 21-23); and methotrexate (30 mg/m2 orally on Days 1, 8, 21, and 28). The regimen was repeated every 6 weeks. Most patients had been treated with MOPP (mechlorethamine, vincristine, procarbazine, and prednisone) and ABVD (doxorubicin, bleomycin, vinblastine, and dacarbazine); 20 had had prior irradiation. Lymph node was the predominant site of disease and the majority of patients had B symptoms. Four patients achieved complete response (13%), with a median duration of 33+ months, and 11 achieved partial response (34%), with a median duration of 5 months, for an overall response rate of 47%. The major toxic effect was severe myelosuppression, which occurred in six patients; there were no treatment-related deaths. This oral regimen was easy to administer in heavily pretreated patients with poor venous access and had minimal toxicity.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages (from-to)475-478
Number of pages4
JournalCancer treatment reports
Issue number5
StatePublished - 1987
Externally publishedYes

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Oncology
  • Cancer Research


Dive into the research topics of 'Third-line chemotherapy for resistant Hodgkin's disease with lomustine, etoposide, and methotrexate'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this