Coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) is a pandemic originating in Wuhan, China, in December 2019. Early reports suggest that there are neurologic manifestations of COVID-19, including acute cerebrovascular disease. We report a case of COVID-19 with acute ischemic stroke. To our knowledge, this is the first reported case of COVID-19-related cerebral infarcts that includes brain imaging at multiple time points and CT angiography. There is a growing body of published evidence that complications of COVID-19 are not limited to the pulmonary system. Neuroradiologists should be aware of a wide range of neurologic manifestations, including cerebrovascular disease.
- ACA anterior cerebral artery
- ACE2 angiotensin converting enzyme 2
- COVID-19 coronavirus disease 19
- SARS-CoV-2 Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus-2
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Clinical Neurology
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging